Skip to main content

To Hope or to Know?


 
I never thought too much about the word hope until 2 nights ago. This is when I sat at my church while Australian-born world wide evangelist Nick Vujicic was speaking. This man has gone around the world bringing hope to millions of people in schools, business meetings, and churches. He who was born without legs or arms has traveled around the world, to tell people about the purpose of living. His depression and loneliness he dealt with as a teen, led him to question his purpose in life. This man went from living a life without limbs, to a life without limits.
 
Have you found your purpose? If you haven't, you haven't found what to live for. If you haven't found what to live for, then you're living for the sake of living. If you're living for the sake of living, you will find yourself searching for more. And nothing tangible will ever satisfy.
 
Even in dealing with the tragic passing of someone known worldwide like Robin Williams, who was an actor, a comedian, had a wife, kids, and even money from his career, you have to wonder, why are people not finding satisfaction? What happens once we die?
 
So many people hope to be rich one day. Hope to have a big house. Hope not to not have to work, and most people like you, hope they go to heaven.

1hope

verb \ˈhōp\
: to want something to happen or be true and think that it could happen or be true
 

The definition of the word hope is the want of something to be true. So do you want heaven to be true? Do you want to know you're going there, or do you want to know you will? These questions he asked impacted me in ways I never thought about before. I pray I can convey this important message to you. I don't want you to stop reading this post just hoping life gets better, just hoping you survive and make it through, I want you to read this and know in your heart that your Creator has a purpose for you. I want you to walk away from this knowing, there's more to life after death and you can know today you will go to Heaven.

I'm sure you've heard it before, there's a God who created the Universe, who created you, and knew you by name before the world was formed. I'm sure you have heard of a God who sent his Son Jesus to die for your sins and pay a debt He did not owe. Jesus, the Son of God, who is the way, the truth and life. A God who defeated death, with the resurrection. And wants you to have eternal life as well. There's also a chance you've never heard this before, but just because you haven't doesn't mean it wasn't always there.



God hands us all an envelope with a gift in it. Its up to us to open it. What better envelope to open than that of the gift of life?

God did not only create you, and give you purpose, but he loves you unconditionally. He loves you so much he not only forgives your sins, but also forgets them. You don't have to do anything to earn His love and there's nothing you can do that will make Him love you less.

See I can sit here and blog to you about hope and positive thinking all day long, but if you don't know what you're living for and what will happen when you die, chances are you may even dealing with depression and even contemplate suicide as Nick once did when he was only 8 years old. But I have found the one who's given me purpose in life and hearing this man speak reminded me how much more important your eternity is then just giving you encouragement today. I want you to know the true purpose of your life no matter what you are facing. If a man with no legs or arms can know He is loved regardless of his circumstance and be used to spread the message of God's love, imagine what more God can do with you.

God has a plan for your life. Regardless of what you have done, your physical limitations, your career status, your bank account, your mistakes or your flaws, God loves you unconditionally. If I tell you this, you may not believe me. But if I don't tell you, you may never seek it. If you don't seek it, you will never find it. And if you never find It, you will never live in it! I want you to live in the Plan God has for you!
 
 
If you want to make a decision today to change your life, please feel free to message me any way you can. Use the contact form on this blog, reach out to me via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theworldaccordingtoMeli.
 
 
I LOVE YOU!
 
 
If you want more information on Nick Vujicic and his ministry "LIFE WITHOUT LIMBS", visit his site at: http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/about-nick/bio/
 
If you want more information about Jesus, visit the Bible:
John 3:16     










 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 and Married!

       As most of you may already know, I wasn't 16 and pregnant, like the popular MTV show. Instead I was 16 and married. Yes married before I graduated, or officially got my driving license. Married before I got an actual job and before I knew what marriage was really going to require.     I met my husband my freshman year in high school and for many months only looked at him as a friend to share my "boy" drama with. But after many lunches, conversations, hanging out, inviting him to my church, dancing at my quince, and skipping many electives together, I was in love with my homeboy, my friend. And all of a sudden, all the guys that I was entertaining as potential suitors didn't matter anymore. Not after Emerald called my house on a Tuesday night while I was watching American Idol, to confess his love for me. I remember seeing his family name on the caller I.D and almost falling off my bed to get the phone to tell him my sister wasn't home. My

Like ME!

How many likes will this get? Living in the social media age we live in, its often a question we ask before posting anything. A thought, our lunch, a new outfit, or an accomplishment in school or our career. Last week in school, my son was nominated to run for president of his kindergarten class as they learned about president's day. When he came home he told me he wasn't sure if they liked him and would vote for him. Of course, with me, that sparked a life conversation with him. "Not everyone is going to like you Manny, and that's ok!". I could even hear my moms voice in my head (in Spanish of course) telling me the very same thing growing up. I had to reassure him that all he could do was keep being the Emmanuel he is. With all his knowledge, likes, dislikes, habits, and mannerisms that are individual to him; he has to know he doesn't need anybody's approval to be just that. (except his parent's right now, but authority is another topic). I&#

Love Does......

With Memorial day coming up and Emmanuel telling me all about learning about the armed forces and the sacrifices our troops make, I couldn't help but think about what Love does. They say there is no greater love than that which would lay their own life down for another, so for that great sacrifice lets thank all those who are serving and those who have served or lost their life while doing so. Funny thing, is that in the past week I also heard a song about love like no other. About love doing things not for who may see, or what we may get but just because love Does. Love is an action, a commitment, a decision to do and not just say or "feel". Not all of us are called to serve in the military nor will we always have the chance to physically lay our life down for others, but Loving is something we all get to do! Loving in my marriage and as mother, has taught me how sacrificial it ought to be. Even with the man I chose to marry, and the kids that came from my womb a