Skip to main content

My First Blog

Today I have decided to start a blog. I have entitled it the World according to Meli. Because I can only write about the things I see, the things I know, the things I hear and how I personally perceive them. To understand my thoughts a little better, I'll tell you a little bit more about myself. I am a first generation American 25 year old woman born to Colombian parents born and raise in Hollywood Florida. I am a wife to my amazing husband Emerald and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary. I am also a mom to a 6 year old boy Emmanuel and a 2 year old girl Emeli. I am growing and learning not only so much more about me, but about relationships, and life and what they're supposed to be. Though I am titling this blog the world according to me, I do want you to understand that the way I see things change daily as I learn more about God and His purpose for us, His Love, and experience more of his grace. I pray that someone who reads this can find this relatable, inspirational, and maybe even life changing. I not only want to post my thoughts but be here for anybody who feels alone or needs someone to talk to. Follow me as I embark on this journey to write, to grow, to discover and continue learning as a woman, a wife, a daughter, a mother, a sister, a fulltime employee, a woman of God, and even someone on a journey to getting fit.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Write The Vision

Habakkuk 2:2 Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For so long I've held on to that verse! and to the vision I felt God gave me long ago. 10 years ago to be exact when I found the one whom my soul loves- and the one in whom I have freedom, and an abundant life. Since that time, I knew He would use every broken detail, every lonely night, every painful story in my life- for His glory. and there is nothing that I desire more then to allow Him to do so. I started my blog at theworldaccordingtomeli.blogspot.com 6 years ago, to move in that direction. & to encourage others with what happened in my world and what God is always teaching me. But for a while now I feel it limited it to me, and to my world exclusively. because I don't live for me, I have used the hashtag on my instagram for years now: #LiveForMore I truly believe my life did not begin...

Redefining "Power Couple"

Most people think of Jay Z and Beyonce or Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and even the Obamas. But despite the definition for "power couple" you'll see below, I'm here to tell you that's exactly what I feel like daily with my husband! power couple - a couple both of whom have high-powered careers or are politically influential (the freedictionary.com) Ok, so Emerald and I have neither the high powered careers or political influence. But as my husband was up with our daughter the other night, holding her hair as she was puking over the toilet, and cleaning up as I put her back to bed, I couldn't help to feel like a power couple. A different kind of power couple. A couple with a "High-power" in our lives. Most of you have heard me refer to us as Team George, and as a team we are not 50/50. In a team we should be 100/100! Its with that mentality that our marriage has been able to flourish. Day in and day out I can count on him to pick up my slac...

In the Dark

So unless you live in a bubble, we are all pretty aware of the state of our world right now. Global     Pandemic. I am sure one day we will refer back to this period in time as pre-Coronavirus or post. I actually joked that this time will be referred to as the blip. It was supposed to be spring break celebrating Manny's birthday in Disney with my brother and wife. Instead, everything has shut down from school to my job, and the only person who braves the outside world is Emerald on quick grocery runs or to go to work as he is considered "Essential". Since schools closed and the numbers of positive went up in our county, I quickly realized the gravity of the situation. Perhaps it doesn't sound as bleak when its far from home. Its not like it hadn't been affecting China since December. But having to screen our patients, and hearing stories of those close to us who work in healthcare deal with these patients made it real. All of our sports being canceled mid se...