Skip to main content

New Me





Today, marks 8 years since my life was radically changed. It was this day that I realized two things::: Only God could love me wholly and perfectly, and there was no mistake I'd made that was too big for forgiveness....and it's the same forgiveness He'd want me to have with others.

I celebrate this day because prior to this I wasn't really living... I was a slave to me and my selfish ways and years of doing things our way clearly wasn't working. At this point in my life I thought I'd be a 21 year old divorced single mother who would have to live in shame and guilt of ruining her own marriage..... But God....

He wasn't done. And He meant it all for good. He had started a work in my heart and my husband and was orchestrating these series of events that would lead us to Him.... Repentance and each other with a love newer and purer than before.

A couple weeks ago I sat in a room full of women and told my testimony and I vividly remember every tear I cried when I thought I'd reached the end, and yet it was just the beginning.....

There is power In the Gospel that came to save us and make us new and give us new hope....

Here's a psalm I wrote to reflect a "New me"

Lost, Broken, ashamed and guilty
It took me a while to understand that's not how you see me
You saw me then and at my worst ,
You loved me first
And in that love and that pursuit,
I finally understood
All that I looked for and needed was YOU
A love that gave me a new name
A love that came and took my shame
My past long gone, a new beginning
My biggest failures and hurts were not my ending
You told me to trust you and follow you
Afraid of myself and what I had broken,
I surrendered my life and said I do
Darkness no more, the veil was torn.
You called me chosen
My path to you now open
You then began a work in me
To rid me of me and make me free
My life since then is not mine anymore
I lay it all down for you to restore
Though you don't rush, you want it all
No part remains untouched no matter how big or how small.
Creator of the universe and yet lover of my soul
My Redeemer My Savior My All in All
I want to live for you always and bring you glory
Live fully surrendered
And let you write my story
Use all that I am my future and past
Remind me of your faithfulness and promises
To them hold me fast
No matter what comes,
I want to choose you.
To hold your hand and never let go.
To go where you lead and dwell where you are
To know I lack nothing, you've brought me this far
Much more than I could think of or even imagine
What you hold is better
What you offer is life
Whatever I wanted or thought that I NEEDED,
In you I have found it.
In you, I am completed.




Love,
Meli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write The Vision

Habakkuk 2:2 Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For so long I've held on to that verse! and to the vision I felt God gave me long ago. 10 years ago to be exact when I found the one whom my soul loves- and the one in whom I have freedom, and an abundant life. Since that time, I knew He would use every broken detail, every lonely night, every painful story in my life- for His glory. and there is nothing that I desire more then to allow Him to do so. I started my blog at theworldaccordingtomeli.blogspot.com 6 years ago, to move in that direction. & to encourage others with what happened in my world and what God is always teaching me. But for a while now I feel it limited it to me, and to my world exclusively. because I don't live for me, I have used the hashtag on my instagram for years now: #LiveForMore I truly believe my life did not begin...

Redefining "Power Couple"

Most people think of Jay Z and Beyonce or Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and even the Obamas. But despite the definition for "power couple" you'll see below, I'm here to tell you that's exactly what I feel like daily with my husband! power couple - a couple both of whom have high-powered careers or are politically influential (the freedictionary.com) Ok, so Emerald and I have neither the high powered careers or political influence. But as my husband was up with our daughter the other night, holding her hair as she was puking over the toilet, and cleaning up as I put her back to bed, I couldn't help to feel like a power couple. A different kind of power couple. A couple with a "High-power" in our lives. Most of you have heard me refer to us as Team George, and as a team we are not 50/50. In a team we should be 100/100! Its with that mentality that our marriage has been able to flourish. Day in and day out I can count on him to pick up my slac...

In the Dark

So unless you live in a bubble, we are all pretty aware of the state of our world right now. Global     Pandemic. I am sure one day we will refer back to this period in time as pre-Coronavirus or post. I actually joked that this time will be referred to as the blip. It was supposed to be spring break celebrating Manny's birthday in Disney with my brother and wife. Instead, everything has shut down from school to my job, and the only person who braves the outside world is Emerald on quick grocery runs or to go to work as he is considered "Essential". Since schools closed and the numbers of positive went up in our county, I quickly realized the gravity of the situation. Perhaps it doesn't sound as bleak when its far from home. Its not like it hadn't been affecting China since December. But having to screen our patients, and hearing stories of those close to us who work in healthcare deal with these patients made it real. All of our sports being canceled mid se...