Skip to main content

Poem by Me


 So I've been reading lots of blogs, and watching lots of spoken word.
 I've come up with new ideas and was reminded to keep God first.


 I always knew writing and expressing was my calling.
 I didn't know how He'd use it so I started to write.
 To write about experiences and all HE has done.
 To tell you about my life and the things HE made right.
 Not to brag about me as if I did it alone, but to point you to Christ, the one who died for me and for you,
 so that we wouldn't have to.

 Its a matter of life or death and I need to warn you.
 You're headed nowhere fast and your chances of dying are 1 out of 1.
 You need to know there is more to life than what you've been living.
 Salvation is free, His grace, love and mercy,
 You can be forgiven.
 I don't know what else He will do with my life,
 but I want to continue about Him to write.
 I don't want to place limits on what He could do.
 His thoughts are higher, His plans are better.
 I want to be used and I want to love YOU...

 I want you to see a story of grace, a person so broken and full of mistakes
 who experienced betrayals and lots of heartbreaks.
 But who was changed one day when offered a second chance.
 She didn't have to be what she had been, or keep on the same path.
 I was loved for I was, what I'd been and could become.
 He loved me so freely and repaired my heart.
 Changed my mind and my life, and set me apart.

 You too can experience a love so great....
 you come as you are and you won't leave the same.
 His love for you conquered it all.
 He sent his Son to die for you, and rise on the third day
 So not even death could separate.
 He loved you then, He loves you now
 He's waiting, He's calling you out of the crowd.

 Once you make the decision to accept Him in your heart,
 that's where YOUR story of grace and redemption can start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write The Vision

Habakkuk 2:2 Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For so long I've held on to that verse! and to the vision I felt God gave me long ago. 10 years ago to be exact when I found the one whom my soul loves- and the one in whom I have freedom, and an abundant life. Since that time, I knew He would use every broken detail, every lonely night, every painful story in my life- for His glory. and there is nothing that I desire more then to allow Him to do so. I started my blog at theworldaccordingtomeli.blogspot.com 6 years ago, to move in that direction. & to encourage others with what happened in my world and what God is always teaching me. But for a while now I feel it limited it to me, and to my world exclusively. because I don't live for me, I have used the hashtag on my instagram for years now: #LiveForMore I truly believe my life did not begin...

Redefining "Power Couple"

Most people think of Jay Z and Beyonce or Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and even the Obamas. But despite the definition for "power couple" you'll see below, I'm here to tell you that's exactly what I feel like daily with my husband! power couple - a couple both of whom have high-powered careers or are politically influential (the freedictionary.com) Ok, so Emerald and I have neither the high powered careers or political influence. But as my husband was up with our daughter the other night, holding her hair as she was puking over the toilet, and cleaning up as I put her back to bed, I couldn't help to feel like a power couple. A different kind of power couple. A couple with a "High-power" in our lives. Most of you have heard me refer to us as Team George, and as a team we are not 50/50. In a team we should be 100/100! Its with that mentality that our marriage has been able to flourish. Day in and day out I can count on him to pick up my slac...

In the Dark

So unless you live in a bubble, we are all pretty aware of the state of our world right now. Global     Pandemic. I am sure one day we will refer back to this period in time as pre-Coronavirus or post. I actually joked that this time will be referred to as the blip. It was supposed to be spring break celebrating Manny's birthday in Disney with my brother and wife. Instead, everything has shut down from school to my job, and the only person who braves the outside world is Emerald on quick grocery runs or to go to work as he is considered "Essential". Since schools closed and the numbers of positive went up in our county, I quickly realized the gravity of the situation. Perhaps it doesn't sound as bleak when its far from home. Its not like it hadn't been affecting China since December. But having to screen our patients, and hearing stories of those close to us who work in healthcare deal with these patients made it real. All of our sports being canceled mid se...