Skip to main content

30 reasons why.... I love you!


Today, my husband of 12 years turns 30! and to think that I have known him since he was 16 leaves me a bit emotional. I am very blessed to call him mine and be the one who gets the privilege of being his wife. But if you happen to call him family, friend, or co worker, you are pretty blessed too.
This guy exudes so much of what I hope to be one day..... loving, selfless, generous, humble and easy going....... Here are a couple of the reasons I love him. I am bypassing the traditional birthday card this year and going all out with this blog.....

Babe,

1) You Seek Jesus first!
- nothing is more important to you then seeking God, His kingdom, and His direction for your life!
“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” – Matthew 6:33 ”


2) You serve!
This has always been something that attracts me to you. you are so willing to help anyone in need and give up your time to do for others.... anyone needs help you are there! Manny's team needs a coach, you jump in. Leading kids at church and doing Wiggles and Worship.... there you go too dancing to the Alligator snap. But the way you serve me as your wife is all the more special to me. because despite how hard you work, you are always ready to wash dishes, clean, and meal prep or cook for us.
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” – Mark 10:45


3) You are HONEST!
This doesn't come naturally for most people (including myself) yet you walk with such integrity and are ready to tell the truth no matter what the situation is. you don't overthink it, you are just truthful and don't compromise! But even more so, you are ready to share the TRUTH you have found in Christ without any shame or embarrassment.
    "For we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord's sight but also in the sight of man" 2 Corinthians 8:21


4)You stand up for what you believe in!
I have watched you be amongst groups of people with similar thoughts about marriage, faithfulness, and even abortions.... yet you always in love defend God's principles, our marriage, the needy and the voiceless....
"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence. – 1 Peter 3:15"


5)You are humble!
So humble you probably are blushing and wondering why I would even dedicate a blog to you, but I have never heard you think more of yourself then others. You are humble enough to admit when you are wrong.
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves." Philippians 2:3


6)You are Compassionate and 7) Generous....
Your heart is moved by the need of others and you are so quickly to find a way to give to meet that need.
"Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7


8)You strive to be more like Christ!
You are willing to see in yourself what needs changing and let God continue to work in you!
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:48

9)You are a praying MAN!
You always remind me all the needs there are to pray for, and you lead our family in prayer. You are willing to pray for the kids, for me no matter how minor the situation. You always want to know others prayer requests and take the time to actually pray all the time!- You constantly remind me




"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 

10) You are not shaken!
You stand on Jesus as your rock! - you exemplify Psalm 15 and for that reason you are also my rock and my reminder on whom WE stand on and WHO we trust in!
and 11-30 well,

11) You are an awesome daddy! Changing diapers and waking up for late night feedings since the start. Always willing to stay home when they are sick, late night trips to the ER, cleaning up vomit, always being the fun one playing with them in any way. 

12) You Love us!
13)You are courageous
...- willing to take what seems like RISKS to obey God.
14) You lead us well- our family, the Saturday night kids team, your co workers- you exhibit so many traits that make you a good leader!
15)You are my best friend- knowing the most about me, yet willing to love me more!
16) You know how to have fun- you are the life of a party!
17) You are hilariously funny- your jokes, your humor was what made me fall in love to begin with
18)You drive better then anyone I know ;)- you taught me well and you can get us to Orlando in 2 hours with no issues.....
19) You take care of our doggies, and not matter how small they are you love baby-talking them, grooming them, walking them and even now being a nurse to Cali.
20) You are Handsome---- the way you have grown into this fine man still amazes me and makes me feel so lucky I snatched you up before you transformed. Your smile, your height, your shoulders....  
21)You are a hard worker- I never have to worry about you putting Work first, but you also know how to work 2 or 3 jobs, or overtime or whatever is necessary to provide. You are willing to do any type of honest work and you work as if unto the LORD no matter what you are doing.
22) You are athletic-- I love how your balling skills just come natural. From dunking so hard you dislocated your ankle to your calves of steel coming naturally to play Futbol- it never matters how long you go without doing any of these- you seem to always be the fastest and strongest.
23) You try so hard with your Spanish- after all these years- you still say you don't speak Spanish yet your determination to speak to me and the kids and help out all the fellow latinos at your job or even at stores when people confuse you for the worker because you wear red polos and khakis to target....
24) You got style--- from corn rows and the fresh south pole and Pepe baggy jeans from back in the day- to your manlier shorter shorts and your matching shoes- with your love for cool watches- I love how you dress! (even if it takes my help at times)
25) You are WOKE!- to the social issues, to the political issues, to what is going on around the world, and you know not to be deceived by FAKE NEWS. duh
26) You are willing to try anything!- you are never scared like me to try new things from foods you have never had (Oysters and gator) to speaking in public, or any activity that would freak me out including the extreme roller coasters you like.
27) You don't conform- you are not concerned with what is popular or trending- you do you!
28) You are never embarrassed- you seem to have no shame or care what people think. you are ready to laugh at yourself better then anyone
29) You are patient- the things that get under my skin don't seem to phase you at all. or at least you seem to have a higher tolerance level then me and you teach me so much about patience, forgiveness, and letting things go.
30) You are RESILIENT- the obstacles you have overcome have made you in the strong man you are in Christ today. The issues that could have made someone bitter- instead made you better. you let God take the broken things and trade them for beauty- you have faced things I can never imagine and yet you have not let it become excuses or crutches- instead- you have let it form you to be the awesome father, husband and man of God you are today!
for all these reasons and more,

I LOVE YOU!!!! and I wish you the happiest of birthdays and am ready for what God has in store for your future......








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 and Married!

       As most of you may already know, I wasn't 16 and pregnant, like the popular MTV show. Instead I was 16 and married. Yes married before I graduated, or officially got my driving license. Married before I got an actual job and before I knew what marriage was really going to require.     I met my husband my freshman year in high school and for many months only looked at him as a friend to share my "boy" drama with. But after many lunches, conversations, hanging out, inviting him to my church, dancing at my quince, and skipping many electives together, I was in love with my homeboy, my friend. And all of a sudden, all the guys that I was entertaining as potential suitors didn't matter anymore. Not after Emerald called my house on a Tuesday night while I was watching American Idol, to confess his love for me. I remember seeing his family name on the caller I.D and almost falling off my bed to get the phone to tell him my sister wasn't home. My

Like ME!

How many likes will this get? Living in the social media age we live in, its often a question we ask before posting anything. A thought, our lunch, a new outfit, or an accomplishment in school or our career. Last week in school, my son was nominated to run for president of his kindergarten class as they learned about president's day. When he came home he told me he wasn't sure if they liked him and would vote for him. Of course, with me, that sparked a life conversation with him. "Not everyone is going to like you Manny, and that's ok!". I could even hear my moms voice in my head (in Spanish of course) telling me the very same thing growing up. I had to reassure him that all he could do was keep being the Emmanuel he is. With all his knowledge, likes, dislikes, habits, and mannerisms that are individual to him; he has to know he doesn't need anybody's approval to be just that. (except his parent's right now, but authority is another topic). I&#

Love Does......

With Memorial day coming up and Emmanuel telling me all about learning about the armed forces and the sacrifices our troops make, I couldn't help but think about what Love does. They say there is no greater love than that which would lay their own life down for another, so for that great sacrifice lets thank all those who are serving and those who have served or lost their life while doing so. Funny thing, is that in the past week I also heard a song about love like no other. About love doing things not for who may see, or what we may get but just because love Does. Love is an action, a commitment, a decision to do and not just say or "feel". Not all of us are called to serve in the military nor will we always have the chance to physically lay our life down for others, but Loving is something we all get to do! Loving in my marriage and as mother, has taught me how sacrificial it ought to be. Even with the man I chose to marry, and the kids that came from my womb a