Skip to main content

Blog update




Hello!!!

Its been a while....again!!! I seemed to be the losing the passion to write that I had back in 2014. And I had to ask myself why?

Why is it that 3 years ago when I started my sole mission was to encourage others in their walk or point them through Christ using my experiences and testimony.....

And now I sometimes believe the lies that say I have to live this perfect life before I can share with anyone. The lie that tells me my experiences do not matter or that I am not in a higher position then anyone to be speaking into their lives. The lie that tells me I am not a good mother or wife or even Christian so what I say does not matter...... and what lies they are!!!

I took a spiritual gifts test a couple weeks ago as part of a connect group at my church, and my top response was exhortation. This is what it means:::


And it hit me. I was convicted immediately..... my blog mission and vision was always to do exactly that. And yet lately I had decided I either didn't have the time or wasn't good enough at writing or at managing my life between kids, marriage, and weight loss.  

But thats just it!! We never have to be perfect or ready for God to use us. I wasn't any better 3 years ago when I started and yet I was writing almost daily. I seemed to have let the lies of the enemy keep me from my purpose. 
Imagine...we all have a gift... we are all a part of the body that serves a function. Imagine if we all believed the lies I was hearing.... and were waiting around to be perfect to use our gifts..... We would never do anything with what God has entrusted us with. Truth is He desires to use us for His Glory no matter our condition. Just look around you.... there are needs everywhere. Needs He alone can take care of, yet in His mercy, He allows us to be a part and and a piece of the plan. We were made to glorify Him in all we do.... no matter where we are at.

The gifts He has equipped us with have nothing to do with Us. Its never been about us. Grace is something we dont deserve and something we cannot earn. so this is the start of me continuing to do what I feel called to do. Encourage .....encourage. 
I want to be filled completely by Him and let Him write my story and use it for His Glory.

Today I encourage you to plug into Him as your source. Your all in All. Find your spiritual gift. Find your passion. Your purpose. And walk in it. Do not think you are not equipped.... or not perfect. You are not and you are not meant to be. Its our messes He desires to work in and He shines in the darkest of places.  Never lose sight, we Live For Him.... because of Him and through Him. Its never been meant to be about us.  Its all Jesus.

My update is you should be seeing a whole lot more blogging. Even if I never see where these posts may reach, I pray it can point anyone who reads back to Jesus. I pray people can leave feeling encouraged.

And if anyone ever needs someone to pray with, feel free to message me.

LOVE,
Meli 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 and Married!

       As most of you may already know, I wasn't 16 and pregnant, like the popular MTV show. Instead I was 16 and married. Yes married before I graduated, or officially got my driving license. Married before I got an actual job and before I knew what marriage was really going to require.     I met my husband my freshman year in high school and for many months only looked at him as a friend to share my "boy" drama with. But after many lunches, conversations, hanging out, inviting him to my church, dancing at my quince, and skipping many electives together, I was in love with my homeboy, my friend. And all of a sudden, all the guys that I was entertaining as potential suitors didn't matter anymore. Not after Emerald called my house on a Tuesday night while I was watching American Idol, to confess his love for me. I remember seeing his family name on the caller I.D and almost falling off my bed to get the phone to tell him my sister wasn't home. My

Like ME!

How many likes will this get? Living in the social media age we live in, its often a question we ask before posting anything. A thought, our lunch, a new outfit, or an accomplishment in school or our career. Last week in school, my son was nominated to run for president of his kindergarten class as they learned about president's day. When he came home he told me he wasn't sure if they liked him and would vote for him. Of course, with me, that sparked a life conversation with him. "Not everyone is going to like you Manny, and that's ok!". I could even hear my moms voice in my head (in Spanish of course) telling me the very same thing growing up. I had to reassure him that all he could do was keep being the Emmanuel he is. With all his knowledge, likes, dislikes, habits, and mannerisms that are individual to him; he has to know he doesn't need anybody's approval to be just that. (except his parent's right now, but authority is another topic). I&#

Love Does......

With Memorial day coming up and Emmanuel telling me all about learning about the armed forces and the sacrifices our troops make, I couldn't help but think about what Love does. They say there is no greater love than that which would lay their own life down for another, so for that great sacrifice lets thank all those who are serving and those who have served or lost their life while doing so. Funny thing, is that in the past week I also heard a song about love like no other. About love doing things not for who may see, or what we may get but just because love Does. Love is an action, a commitment, a decision to do and not just say or "feel". Not all of us are called to serve in the military nor will we always have the chance to physically lay our life down for others, but Loving is something we all get to do! Loving in my marriage and as mother, has taught me how sacrificial it ought to be. Even with the man I chose to marry, and the kids that came from my womb a